oDesk is now Upwork .
Today we relaunched oDesk as Upwork. Upwork is a new name, and also a new platform for connecting you with great jobs, faster and more easily than ever before.
Starting today you’ll begin to see many new features roll out, including:
- New messaging tools for faster collaboration
- A new mobile app for iPhone and Android
- A new Hiring Hub with helpful ideas, articles and guides
You’ll see familiar oDesk functionality and your existing profile, but with a lighter and more mobile-friendly design. We’ll keep you updated as new features are released—beginning with this post introducing Upwork.
As the company’s new CEO and former head of product development, it’s an honor to welcome you to Upwork!
- Short DescriptionUpwork (formerly oDesk) is the world’s largest freelance talent marketplace. Our vision is to connect businesses with great talent faster than ever.
- Long DescriptionAs an increasingly connected and independent workforce goes online, knowledge work —like software before it— is shifting online as well. This shift is making it faster and easier for clients to connect and work with talent in near real-time and is freeing professionals everywhere from having to work at a set time and place. Freelancers are earning more than $1 billion annually via Upwork. From seasoned executives to college students, from lawyers to transcriptionists, from Bostonians to Bolivians, we offer a world of work opportunities for all skills. Businesses of every size use Upwork, from one-person startups to major corporations, to hire any kind of work that can be done on a computer — we offer more than 2700 skills in categories including:● Web Developers
● Mobile Developers
● Designers & Creatives
● Virtual Assistants
● Customer Service Agents
● Sales & Marketing Experts
● Accountants & Consultants